Monday, March 28, 2016

Playing with Prima Pencils

For Christmas, I received a lovely Pepin Art Nouveau artist's coloring book. The first patterned page I tackled, I decided to color with my new Prima Watercolor Pencils. I loved how easy that this project traveled; just grab the tin of pencils and the paper in progress, and I was set to go!

The pattern was simple and fairly brainless to color in, though I made a gross miscalculation on color: I wanted red for the larger spaces in the pattern, but mistook the fuschia pencil for red. The error of my ways did not become obvious until I had colored the entire page and started blending with water. Whoops! Even the unintentional can be beautiful, thankfully. I finished off the page by adding silver glitter glue to some of the spheres in the pattern.

So what to do with this completed page? Well, I decided to turn it into a set of thank you cards for some customers.


The "thanks" die is from Papertrey Ink's Swoosh die set, covered in Versamark ink and glittery embossing powder, then outlined with a Micron pen. I outlined the coloring paper with my new white Sharpie water-based fine point marker. I love that thing! It is so handy.





2 comments:

  1. What a great post, NieNie! Your beautiful coloring made FIVE awesome thank you cards! Thank you for the tip on the Sharpie marker and thank you for recently following me! You don't have a follow button, but I'm happily returning the flavor by subscribing. And, BTW, I think this sentence of yours is quoteworthy!: "Even the unintentional can be beautiful" True that! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Darnell!
      I always enjoy your posts. :)

      Delete